What is Nextdoor? It’s a campaign management platform that allows small and medium-sized businesses to increase their advertising outreach. And according to statistics, one in three US households are on Nextdoor in some form or another. These are people who are looking to support smaller local businesses. Nextdoor users, called neighbors, provide recommendations on the platform, thereby helping small businesses grow a robust referral network.
This latest feature, called Nextdoor ads, was developed to help small businesses more effectively reach the people in the communities and neighborhoods they serve. When it comes to small business marketing, figuring out the various options available can seem daunting for some entrepreneurs. Navigating their way through the different platforms and social media sites can get confusing. With Nextdoor ads, that all changes. Creating a powerful advertising campaign to reach local neighborhoods has gotten a whole lot easier. They walk you through the process step-by-step. And the results are expected to be quite powerful.
How Do Nextdoor Ads Work?
For those who already have a business account, when they access Nextdoor ads, they will simply log in, choose their objective, create the ad, determine a daily budget, define their target audience, and then publish. The ad platform is incredibly user-friendly. And especially for SMBs who may not be especially well-versed in ad creation, this is a great place to start.
In terms of the market sectors and industries that Nextdoor covers, they really do encompass a wide variety of business types, including:
- Home and garden
- Health and wellness
- Pet services
- Family care service
- Real estate
- Food and beverage
And these are just to name a few. The best way to familiarize yourself with the platform is to spend some time searching through Nextdoor. Known as the neighborhood network, Nextdoor has almost 70 million “neighbors” as of the beginning of 2022. And their future growth and expansion seem all but inevitable.
Creating a Nextdoor Ad
While the team at Nextdoor will be on hand to help guide you through the ad creation process, there are a few tips and strategies that you might employ to ensure your Nextdoor ads really do have a positive and powerful impact.
1. Tell a story with your ad content. Gone are the days of pushy and overly sales-driven ads. People want authenticity. They want to be drawn in by your story. Yes, an ad is a relatively small space to accomplish this. But if your ad is story-forward, it will be more successful.
2. Know your target audience. The Nextdoor ads platform will allow you to define your intended audience. But you do want to know as much as you can about their likes, habits, buying patterns, and general demographic information. The more data you can gather, the more targeted and focused your ads will be.
3. Create a sense of urgency. This is advertising 101. You have competitors. And those competitors are running their own ads. By creating a sense of urgency inherent in your ads, you not only help yours to stand out from the crowd, but you compel people to act. So don’t forget those CTAs!
4. Think about using themed ads. Especially around a certain season or holiday, having a group of ads that are connected by a common theme makes your brand more readily recognizable.
5. Be clear and concise. When a person looks at your ad, do they know exactly the action that you want them to take? Be it to click on the link, share, or buy, specifically define what you want users to do upon coming to your ad.
First Union Lending is Here to Help
Our goal is to see small businesses thrive and ultimately grow. We offer a variety of fast and flexible loan programs. And each loan product is specifically tailored to the client. This means there is no one size fits all approach with us. If you need additional working capital for any reason, we are here for you. Even if your credit score is less than ideal, we may still have a financing solution for your business. Call today, and let’s get started together.