While many people may not have heard of National West Virginia Day, March 22 is a holiday West Virginians tend to mark enthusiastically. Boasting three mountain ridges, the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Allegheny, and the Appalachian, there’s much to celebrate in the nature and beauty inherent in West Virginia. West Virginia was the last state created from the original 13 colonies.
West Virginians have great pride in their state, as they should. Given that it is a widely celebrated state holiday, on March 22, you may find that government offices and schools are closed. On National West Virginia Day, as a small business owner, you might implement some marketing ideas that will help attract clientele well, emphasizing your state pride.
Ways to Market on National West Virginia Day
1. Hold a contest. How much do your clients know about the state in which they live? Having a West Virginia trivia contest could be a great way to spark people’s curiosity and get them to take a closer look at your brand. You can have an online competition or even a trivia event within your brick-and-mortar store. You may have to do your homework and brush up on West Virginia history.
2. Have a West Virginia-themed display. If you sell goods that feature certain items highlighting West Virginia in some form or another, you may want to set up a display prominently spotlighting these particular products. This way, when people come into your store or go to your website, they immediately make that connection between National West Virginia Day and what your brand embodies.
3. Partner with another local West Virginia business. The great thing about small businesses in West Virginia is that there is a certain camaraderie and connectedness between them. Why not find a company in a niche similar to yours and develop some promotion or event specifically geared around National West Virginia Day. You get to take advantage of reaching out to their clientele, and they get to do the same in terms of yours.
4. Talk to your local Chamber of Commerce. It never hurts to keep in contact with your Chamber of Commerce. When it comes to all things West Virginia, your local Chamber of Commerce might have some knowledge about the area and the state’s history, among other facts and statistics that might be of use to you. If they offer that option, you might even want to think about getting on their website as a featured local business.
5. Encourage your staff to wear something West Virginia-inspired. Whether it’s the state’s colors or some emblem connected to West Virginia, you name it, getting your personnel to express their state pride on National West Virginia Day is a great way to create a warm and welcoming environment for customers.
As a small business in West Virginia, there are some things you can do on National West Virginia Day to show your love for your state while also helping market your company. The key is to get creative; you may have to think outside the box. And that is what we are here to help you with. If you need additional funds for a marketing campaign, expand your operations, hire more staff, or whatever project you might have in mind for your West Virginia-based small business, we are here to help.
First Union Lending specializes in working with smaller businesses, enabling them to thrive and grow. We offer short-term loans, merchant cash advances, and lines of credit among other financing options. Even if your credit score is not exactly where it should be, we probably still have a financing solution for you. Call today!